We were out of school three days last week due to weather and sickness, so I went to work on Thursday to unpack my library book order (and work on many other things). It's nice to have some time to work with no students, but it sure is quiet! Those days may be the only time it's ever quiet in my library.
I thought I'd share some of the new books I've ordered this year. This was my third library book order this year because my students keep asking for more new books! I don't know about you, but my primary students often get the short end of the stick when it comes to book orders. They just don't ask for much. They're generally happy with the current collection. My older students' wish list is approximately one mile long. I keep a handwritten request list right beside my desk. I'm constantly adding something to it, and that's generally what I look at when I start working on a library book order.
Here are some titles I've added to my library collection this year (in no particular order). I hope it will give you some ideas for your next library book order!
Upper Elementary Titles (3rd-5th)
- How to Train Your Dragon set by Cressida Cowell
- Jason Strange books
- Voices of War books
- Baseball Crazy by Nancy Mercado
- Fear This Book: Your Guide to Fright, Horror, and Things that Go Bump in the Night by Jeff Szpirglas
- Ghosts of the Titanic by Julie Lawson
- Dangerous Waters: An Adventure on the Titanic by Gregory Mone
- I Survived the Sinking of the Titanic, 1912 by Lauren Tarshis
- Wonder by R.J. Palacio
- America is Under Attack by Don Brown
- One Direction books
- World Record books
- Goosebumps Horrorland books
- Judy Moody series
K-2nd Grade Books
- Spiderman books
- Batman books
- Creepy Carrots by Aaron Reynolds
- Emeraldalicious by Victoria Kann
- Grandpa Green by Lane Smith
- Olivia and the Fairy Princesses by Ian Falconer
- Z is for Moose by Kelly Bingham
- DC Super Pets series (my students LOVE these - I ordered 2 sets!)
- Ready, Freddy! series
- Cowgirl Kate and Cocoa series
- Fly Guy series
- Kylie Jean series
These are only some of the books from my library book order. As you can see, I order a lot of book series because my students really enjoy them.
What's the most popular book you ordered this year? What would you recommend adding to a library book order? Share with us in the comments!
How often do you purchase books for your students?
My students are absolutely loving the Lucky Luke's Hunting Adventure books by Kevin Lovegreen. We are in more of a rural area where fishing and hunting are very popular sports. I can't keep these books on the shelf, and the author was very easy to work with.
Cornucopia by Bridget Renshaw is my kids new favorite! It's kind of like Shel Silverstein's 'Where the Sidewalk Ends'.
I really like Cornucopia by Bridget Renshaw. Such a great choice!!