I can't believe the day is almost here. I am almost finished with the entire year of library lesson plans. When I started working on this site over the summer, it seemed like it would take forever to finish ten months of library lesson plans. The school year has actually flown by - I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! If we don't miss any more days for snow, my district's last day of school is in mid-May.
With the end of the school year quickly approaching, I've been thinking about future projects on ElementaryLibrarian.com. I'd love to have your feedback, but here are some things I'm considering:
1. Lesson plan mini-packs: Lesson plans on topics I don't typically cover in my yearly library curriculum, such as book awards, genre studies, etc. These would most likely be one lesson per grade level K-5.
2. Novel units incorporating the Common Core: These booklets would include vocabulary lessons, discussion questions, and student activities for popular novels. Lessons would be aligned to the Common Core standards.
3. Webinars on various subjects related to elementary libraries: Interactive video presentations to discuss and collaborate with other elementary librarians.
4. Guest appearances: I have already started booking speaking opportunities for this summer. Would you like me to come to your organization's conference or event? You can contact me for more information, but I'd also like to hear other ideas for how I could be of service with personal appearances.
5. Partner with other elementary librarians: I've also considered partnering with some of my readers to feature your work on ElementaryLibrarian.com in a commission-based model. Submissions would be held to the same standard as my own work, of course.
6. Offer printed and CD-ROM versions of my materials. I've had several requests for this, and there may be other people interested as well.
Now's your chance to share your thoughts about what you'd like to see on my site! It doesn't have to be something I've listed above. Please share with me in the comments! I look forward to hearing from you.